701 East Foothill Blvd.
Azusa, CA 91702
United States of America
PRODUCTS & BRANDS details >>
CATEGORIES & HEADINGSdetails >>
Study anywhere, teach everywhere with Azusa Pacific’s TESOL programs
The TESOL programs at Azusa Pacific University provide graduate students from around the world with opportunities to acquire the values, attitudes, concepts, and skills required for teaching English to diverse student populations in a variety of educational contexts locally and internationally.
APU offers TESOL certificate and master’s degree programs in on-campus, field-based, and online formats, so students have the flexibility to choose the program that best fits their needs.
About the Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL
- Established legacy with more than 25 years of history training hundreds of graduates
- Compassionate, seasoned faculty with international teaching experience
- Study abroad opportunities in Burma, the Middle East, and Thailand
- Student travel awards available for conference presenters
- Earn a professionally relevant degree from anywhere in the world.
- Study at a top-ranked Christian university known for quality in academics and successful graduates.
- Complete the same coursework as students who take classes face-to-face.
- Work toward a certificate or degree while concurrently teaching abroad. M.A. in TESOL program participants study for three summer terms in Azusa, California, and two winter terms in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Established in 1899, APU remains committed to God First and offering quality academic programs on campus, online, and at six regional centers throughout Southern California. APU continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges by U.S.News & World Report and The Princeton Review.
I became a professional through my MA TESOL studies at APU. I made good friends and was well prepared for my positions overseas and in the US.
APU's MA TESOL program was a beneficial, professional development opportunity. It equipped me with practical, instructional skills that helped me hone my teaching expertise. Instructors were available to answer questions and spend time with students. Because the program is flexible, I was able to work full-time while completing my degree. Working while studying proved to be positive since I was able to directly apply what I was learning at APU to my teaching lessons. Although the classes are adequate for those who wish to pursue doctoral studies, this program better fits those who desire to improve their pedagogical rather than their research skills.